Wednesday, August 11, 2010

25 Day Challenge: Day Une

Day #1: Five most important/memorable childhood memories
            Hmmm well this is a hard start. Crap. Well it all depends on how you define “childhood.”  To me, I will always be a child at heart.  To me there is no correct definition of normal and it is impossible for one to “act their age” since there is no normality for beings ones age. With that being said, I will not go past any memories past ten.
  1. This memory will be from me at 2 1/2 (you will see why it traumatized me so much that I can remember something from 18 years ago). I am the oldest of three children, I was born in St Louis, Missouri. My two younger brothers were born in Seattle, Washington. When I was two my brother, James (or Matt), was born. My mom was obviously at the hospital giving birth when my dad got the call that he was able to come see the newest addition to the family.  Well, my dad was so ecstatic that he not only shut the front door forgetting me inside to take with to the hospital but when he came back a few seconds later to fetch me he got my pinkie finger in the door when he rushed out....I've forgiven him and this story is funny now
  2. When I was like 4 or 5  we were living in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.  I was riding my bike around thinking I was all cool and stuff with my knee pads, elbow pads, sunglasses, and Styrofoam helmet (remember those???) and the works [side note: somebody should have invented a butt pad…none of the above pads were very useful…butt pads would have been].  I also had a little bell on my bike becuase everybody had one and you had to be cool, right? Well I lived in a cul-de-sac and on the opposite side…lived some creepers. At the time though I didn’t know the definition of “creeper” so I was friendly to everybody.  I rode my bike across the way and rang my bike bell. The older men (about 40-50) told me that they wanted to take me for a ride and that they had candy.
    I turned around and rode my bike home and never looked back.
    I prayed to God that night thanking him for Scr
    uff McGruff for teaching me street safety and when to avoid strangers.
  3. So when I lived in Green Bay…I lived by several Packer players. In second grade I was over down the road playing with a friend and Brett Favre’s daughter was there. We were all playing Barbies and I had the Barbie that Brittany Favre wanted…she pushed me for it.
  4. I’ve been to several Packer games and practices. In 1997 I got to watch the Packers beat the Panthers in the final playoff round at Lambeau Field…it was cold but nothing short of amazing. Best game I ever had been to and I can’t wait to go to another game, I haven’t been to one since 1999. That year my parents go to go down south to see the Packers win the 1997 Super Bowl.
  5. Moving around so much. Traveling anywhere and everywhere. Living in Alaska. Nuff. Said.
 “Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.” -The Wonder Years

No comments:

Post a Comment